Later than promised, I would like to say a huge thank you to the lovely Rachel at http://doilooksick.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award.
To accept the award, I post this image, write a little tidbit about the blogger who nominated me, write a list of 7 things about myself, and finally, nominate 7 bloggers to receive this award as well.
I’m still not quite used to the world of blogging though I’ve been here for several months and one of the greatest people I’ve met here is the wonderful Rachel. Her blog always makes me smile and the work she does to raise awareness of chronic pain and invisible illnesses is really admirable. I love reading what she’s up to and I admit, I’ve plagiarised some of her phrases to help explain things (dishes and spoons especially). She is a true endo sister and I’m honoured that she thought of me for this award.
Okay, now seven things about me.
1. I am about to start a PhD in History. This is simultaneously exciting and terrifying with a pinch of ‘what the hell am I doing?’
2. I own about 100 pairs of shoes. My life motto: Life is short, buy the shoes. (I also LOVE the ‘Shoes’ video too)
3. Everyday I wear incredibly bright colours because I think it is hard to feel sad when wearing bright yellow.
4. I have had a disease called endometriosis since I was 13. I’m currently waiting on an operation to remove diseased tissue throughout my pelvis. It causes chronic pain which I live with every day but I try to not let it beat me.
5. I own every single piece of QI merchandise, including every single episode. It is the best show ever! When I finished school I went to London to be in the audience of a recording. My dream job would be to be a QI Elf (researcher).
6. I might be a teensy bit obsessed with a certain pale cheekboned gentleman called Benedict Cumberbatch.
But, really, how can you not be in love with him?
7. I sometimes think that if I didn’t have all the health problems I have, I wouldn’t be the person that I am today. I wouldn’t have true friends who are so precious and genuine and I wouldn’t appreciate the ‘good days’ because I wouldn’t really grasp how bad ‘bad days’ can be.
And finally, the bloggers I’d like to nominate are:
1. http://lifeandendo.wordpress.com/ another endo sister sharing her experiences
2. http://endohope.org/ providing much needed info and talking about all the ways endo affects you
3. http://whatvioladidnext.wordpress.com/ honest and inspiring (and given me a justifiable reason to eat ice cream after internal examinations!)
4. http://wincylui.wordpress.com/ always makes me smile